There are two type of scholarship available:
- Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS: JANUARY 15th
THE ONLINE APPLICATION SYSTEM IS ACCESSIBLE HERE: apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu
- Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS: JANUARY 31st
THE ONLINE APPLICATION SYSTEM IS ACCESSIBLE HERE: https://apply.scyp.hu
Although the two programs are very similar, let's look at the important parts separately.
1. Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme
The program is based on bilateral educational cooperation agreements signed between the Ministries responsible for education in the sending countries/territories and Hungary. The core mission of the program is to increase the number of foreign students in Hungary and managed by Tempus Public Foundation.
We've compiled a list that can be useful for you:
- Visit the website of Tempus Public Foundation (http://studyinhungary.hu and https://stipendiumhungaricum.hu/) to check your chosen Host Institutions for details about the entrance requirements of study programs, curriculum and so on.
- If you've read everything, visit the application interface. After your registration, you will be able to access the application surface and upload the required documents.
- Write down and remember your login information, password and your e-mail address used when you submitted your application because you will need these information later (e.g. for accepting the scholarship). Write down and remember your application registration number because this is how we will be able to identify your application later.
- If you finish your application package, take care to check it twice before you click the “submit” button in the application system. The information provided on the application can not be changed after the application is submitted!
- You also have to take care about the correct file formats and size. One file can not be larger than 4 MB and all your files can be opened.
The documents are compulsory and need to be submitted to the online application surface by all applicants until 15 January 2020.
The online application system can be reached here: apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu
All of the following documents are compulsory and need to be submitted to the online
- Motivation Letter: the length is 1 page.
- Proof of language proficiency and its translations in english or in hungarian: You can send us your language exam or any documents that you can prove your language knowledge.
- School certificates and its translations in english or in hungarian
- Transcript of Records and its translations in english or in hungarian
- Medical Certificate: not earlier than 15 November 2019
- Copy of Identification Document: If you has a passport, the scan of the passport should be upload. If you do not yet have a passport, you should upload the scanned copy of any document which may be used to prove your identity (e.g. national ID card)
2. Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People
The Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People is based on the cooperation between the State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians and for the Hungary Helps Programme and Churches that pursue humanitarian activities in crisis regions.
For the 2020/21 academic year, the scholarship is announced for the citizens of the following countries: Egypt, Lebanese Republic, Republic of Iraq, State of Israel, Palestine, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Syrian Arab Republic, Republic of Kenya, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Republic of Armenia and Nigeria.
If you interested to apply the programme for Christian Young People, please check the following link: https://tka.hu/international-programmes/7726/scholarship-programme-for-christian-young-people
The requested documents are the same as those requested by Stipendium Hungaricum, you only need to attach one more document to the application: Recommendation of the local Christian Church to be approved by the State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians and for the Hungary Helps Programme.
The deadline for submitting the complete application package: 31st January 2020 (until 23:59 Central European Time).
The online application system can be reached here: https://apply.scyp.hu/