Szakértelem, gyakorlat és életre szóló kapcsolatok 1870 óta.

Residence permit

The College provides assistance to the students in the preparation of papers and takes part personally in the office in the administrative process. To know more about this: Click!

Residence Permit for the Purpose of Study

A residence permit for the purpose of study may be issued to a third-country national:

  •  who has been admitted to or accepted by a public education institution registered in the public education information system for pursuing a full-time course of study in the regular school system or in daytime courses of study under a student relationship in Hungary; or
  •  who is pursuing full-time education and training in a State-recognised institution of higher education or a foreign higher education institution authorized to operate in the territory of Hungary in daytime courses of study; and/or
  •  who seeking residence in Hungary so as to attend a course in a higher education institution, which may cover a preparatory course prior to such education; and
  •  who is able to verify the linguistic knowledge required for the pursuit of studies;
  •  who is able to evidence that public education fees or the fees charged by the higher education institution have been paid;
  • who has a valid travel document;
  •  who has sufficient means of subsistence and financial resources to cover his/her accommodation costs for the duration of the intended stay and for the return to his/her country of origin or transit to a third country;
  •  who has comprehensive healthcare insurance or sufficient financial resources for healthcare services;
  •  who is not subject to expulsion or exclusion, he/she is not considered to represent a threat affecting public policy, public security, national security, or public health of Hungary;
  • for whom an alert has not been issued in the SIS for the purposes of refusing entry and residence; and
  • who has notified the address of his/her accommodation in the territory of Hungary


Requirements: the completed form, a facial photograph made not more than three months previously, and the prescribed enclosures, payment of the procedural fee.
The application for extension of the residence permit shall be submitted in person at the regional directorate responsible for the place where the place of accommodation is located 30 days before it expires at the latest, with the necessary documents attached. At the time of submitting the application, the applicant shall produce his/her valid travel document.

If the application is submitted at a diplomatic or consular mission, the administrative service fee charged for the procedure for issuing a residence permit is EUR 60, payable at that diplomatic or consular mission primarily in EUR or other convertible currency, or in exceptional cases in the legal tender of the State where the application is submitted. The administrative service fee charged for the procedure is HUF 18,000 if submitted in Hungary. The fee charged for the extension of a residence permit is HUF 10,000.

The costs of the procedure are payable by way of an electronic payment instrument (Hungarian bank card).  If you have no Hungarian bank account, you can use yellow cheques, in the “comment” box the client’s name and date of birth, and the case type “Application for Residence Permit” shall be indicated.


The application shall be submitted with the form “Application for Residence Permit” and Appendix 14 completed and printed.

Application for Residence Permit

Appendix 14

Registration Certificate for EEA Nationals

EEA national: the citizens of the Member States of the European Union – other than Hungarian citizens – and citizens of any State that is a party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area (citizens of the European Union, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein).

  • enrolled at an educational institution governed by the Act on the National Public Education System, or the Act on the National Higher Education System, for the principal purpose of pursuing a course of study, including vocational training and adult education if offering an accredited curriculum, and they have sufficient resources for themselves.


In the notification of residence, the client is to produce his/her valid travel document or personal identification document, and enclose documents – provided for in specific other legislation – in proof of compliance with the requirements for the right of residence.

The administrative service fee charged for the issue of a registration certificate is HUF 1,000, payable by way of an electronic payment instrument (bank card). If you have no Hungarian bank card, you can use yellow cheques, in the “comment” box the client’s name and date of birth, and the case type “registration certificate” shall be indicated.


Click on the following link to download the form required for submitting the application:

Registration certificate for EEA Nationals


More information: and!